Consider the following trends in children’s health:
The statistics are frightening...
- Nearly 5 million U.S. children suffer from Asthma...1 in every 10 children!
- The number of children with asthma has DOUBLED in the last 15 years.
- Asthma deaths are on the rise in children and in young people, increasing 118% between 1980 and 1993.
- Asthma accounts for 1/6 of ALL pediatric emergency room visits. 1.8 million Emergency room visits...and 10 million doctor visits each year!
What makes the disease so dangerous is that it can kill in a matter of minutes.
- Children with asthma, cancer and birth defects do not smoke cigarettes, drink alcoholic beverages, or work in dirty industries nor can their cancer be something they were exposed to 20 years ago.
A growing body of evidence links our children’s health problems to chemical exposures while in their mothers’ wombs, through the consumption of breast milk, drinking water, and their immediate environment. Children continue to be exposed to toxicants in the air, water and food.
No one knows for sure what is behind the increase, but a PRIME SUSPECT is the greater amount of time people spend in tightly sealed, air conditioned workplaces and HOMES, where they are exposed to indoor pollution.
In a 5 year study... the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) found that air born chemicals levels in homes were as much as 70 times higher inside then outside!
One of the most common triggers of Asthma is indoor pollutants. The most important first step is to realize that you .more than anyone. have control over your child’s indoor environment. The choices you make regarding products brought into your home, as well as various household practices affect your asthmatic child. It is very important to reduce environmental triggers.such as dust mites, tobacco smoke, animal dander, cockroach allergens, pollens and mold along with chemicals in household products.
Cleaning Products are among the most hazardous chemicals you will find in your home! Exposure to common household products can make your children sick.
STOP AND BECOME AN INFORMED CONSUMER!
You are in control! Household chemicals are the easiest of all toxins to replace! There are SOLUTIONS!
GET MORE INFORMATION. CLICK HERE TO ATTEND
A FREE ONLINE WELLNESS WORKSHOP ON “GOING GREEN”
Children spend up to 90% of their time indoors and up to 12 hours a day in one room. Babies breathe two to three times as fast as grownups.
Once they start crawling, babies live 6 inches from the floor! Here is where they may be exposed to toxicants in dust, soil, and carpets as well as to pesticide vapors in low-lying layers of air. Pesticides come into the home on our shoes and then left on the carpet. Disinfectants are sprayed in the air with residue permeating the carpet. And where do children play???
GET MORE INFO
- We believe the proper approach to Asthma is to try to PREVENT attacks, not just deal with them as they happen.
Children are more vulnerable than adults to environmental exposures than adults.
- Our children... today live in a different environment from that of previous generations. One of the key contributors has been the discovery and use of thousands of new chemicals.
Currently there are more than 70,000 chemicals being used in personal care and cleaning products found in the average persons home.
- Little is known about the health hazards of the majority of these chemicals... especially on Children.
Exposure to environmental toxins such as lead is now known to cause permanent damage to a child’s nervous system.
Young children breathe more rapidly and take in more air in proportion to their body weight than do adults. Their respiratory systems are still developing and they have narrow airways. Therefore air pollution affects children more than adults. They also have higher metabolic rates and a higher proportionate intake of food and liquid than do adults.
The United States has seen a worrisome increase in certain childhood diseases.
- Attention Deficit Disorder is a fairly new but real concern. Estimates are that over 6 million U.S. children are being treated with mind altering drugs.
Degenerative diseases are increasing (especially in western, industrialized societies) indicating that the body is deficient in health-providing nutrients.
The incidence of two types of childhood cancers has risen significantly over the past 15 years: Acute Lymphocytic leukemia is up 10% & brain tumors are up more than 30%.
- One in three Americans have allergies so bad they are treated by a physician.
There were 15,500 cases of Autism in the US in 1992. 2003 there were 141,000 cases of Autism in the US. ( source: www.cdc.gov/nchs )
Mom, you can make a difference. Attend a FREE ONLINE WORKSHOP ON HOW TO “GO GREEN” AND CREATE A SAFER HOME ENVIROMENT FOR YOUR FAMILY.